You are here
How to make Bolognese sauce
⅔ lb Lean ground beef
⅓ lb Pork bacon finely chopped
⅓ cup Carrot finely diced
⅓ cup Celery finely diced
⅓ cup Onion finely diced
1 ⅓ cup Peeled tomatos (or tomato sauce)
½ cup Dry white wine
½ cup Whole milk
A little broth
Salt & pepper
*½ cup Heavy cream (optional)
1. In saucepan, render bacon.
2. Discard all but 3 tablespoons of rendered fat then gently saute aromatics.
3 Add the ground meat and mix well with a wooden spoon letting it brown.
4. Pour the wine and stir gently until it is completely evaporated.
5. Add tomatoes then cover and simmer slowly for about 2 hours adding broth to ensure the sauce doesn't become too thick.
6. Then stir in the milk and let simmer for 10 minutes to finish.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
* If using dry pasta, add the cream before serving (optional).