You are here
Carbonara Sauce Recipe
⅓ lb. Pancetta
3 Large eggs
¾ cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
½ lb. Dried pasta
*Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cut pancetta into strips 1" by ⅛" strips.
2. Render pancetta, over medium heat, in pan large enough to hold cooked pasta, for approximately 10 minutes or until good color. Strain and retain ⅓ cup of the fat. Return to pan
3. Approximately ½ way through rendering pancetta cook pasta.
4. Thoroughly combine eggs with ½ of the cheese, salt, and pepper.
5. Strain and immediately put pasta into the pan with renedered pancetta, egg mixture, remaining cheese, and toss.