You are here
2 cups Milk
4 Tbs. Butter
2 Tbs. Flour
1 lb Onion (approximately 2 medium onions)
2 sauce pans, blender
1. In a sauce pan, over medium heat, gently melt 2 Tbs. butter and stir in flour until completely incorporated. Continually stirring the roux, cook for approximately 2 minutes.
2. Whisking vigorously, gradually add milk to pan assuring lumps don't form.
3. Bring sauce to slow simmer then reduce heat. Cook gently for approximately 30 minutes or until starchy taste is gone. Stir the bottom of the pan and skim the top throughout.
4. In second pan,melt butter and sweat onions over low heat until soft.
5. In blender puree sauce and onions.
6. Return to pan and cook additional 30 minutes.